ORLANDO, Fla. — Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. Cooling & Heating Division will showcase the future of commercial building HVAC systems – Variable Refrigerant Flow technology – at the 2016 AHR Expo with its new demo truck. After traveling through Texas and Georgia as part of its initial tour, the demo truck will make a stop from Jan. 25-27 at the AHR Expo in Orlando, Florida, giving attendees the chance to view the latest VRF system features.
Prominently featured in the demo truck is Mitsubishi Electric’s most recent introduction, the CITY MULTI L-Generation Air-Source Unit. The L-Generation Air-Source (6 to 30 tons; single modules up to 14 tons) has achieved significantly improved efficiency ratings due to HexiCoil technology, a zinc-aluminum flat tube heat exchanger that maximizes heat transfer capability through its unique fin shape. Increased efficiencies across all categories make the outdoor unit ideal for projects with efficiency goals such as LEED certification or net-zero status.
L-Generation efficiency benefits include:
- 30 percent smaller footprint than previous models, making the system ideal for projects with tight mechanical spaces.
- Up to 50 percent reduction in system refrigerant charge; refrigerant circuit design optimized for improved flow distribution.
- Improved high-ambient cooling operating range; guaranteed cooling operation up to 126 F.
- Improved vertical separation between indoor units within the same heat recovery system – a distance of up to 98 feet – expanding design options.
In addition to the L-Generation Air-Source Unit, the following Mitsubishi Electric controls and units are on display in the demo truck:
- Wall-mounted indoor unit (PKFY-P12NBMU)
- Floor-standing indoor unit (PFFY-P08NRMU)
- Ceiling-recessed indoor unit (PMFY-P12NBMU)
- Smart ME Remote Controller
- Wireless MA Remote Controller
- Wired MA Remote Controller
- Simple MA Remote Controller
- P-Series cooling only outdoor unit (PUY-A18NHA6)
- AE-200A Centralized Controller
- EB-50-GUA Centralized Controller
- DC-600E Diamond Controls
- Advanced HVAC Controller
The demo truck will be open for viewing at the AHR Expo on the Orange County Convention Center floor each day during exhibit hours. To learn more about the Mitsubishi Electric demo truck, visit http://roadshow.mitsubishipro.com.